Wednesday, January 6

an old watercolor


Lately, I have been digging through my older artwork- finding mostly paintings and drawings from high school, and scanning them in, to preserve them all digitally, just in case. Today, I came across this watercolor landscape I did in Mr Hammond's class- one of only two watercolors I've ever done- and kept. I'm thinking it was the third independent study class I had with him...poor guy tried to teach me all his amazing skills in watercolor every class, but I was already tainted with the texture and boldness of oil painting - all I cared about was expression, and used half tubes of watercolor paint to achieve my aims.

Mr Hammond, I've nominated you for sainthood of teenage artists, and I promise, I listen & paint better now, too, thanks to you.

No comments: