Friday, February 27

Cranberry Chocolate Chip cookie recipe


This recipe makes a crisp, crunchy cookie with a slightly softer inside. These just so happen to be the ingredients I'm using today... I like replacing pretty much everything in my baking at any point in time, so switch it up! Add in coconut and flax seeds vs cranberry and hemp seeds, use eggs instead of egg substitute, other sweeteners instead of cane sugar..try it out, believe me, they will still taste amazing, I am sure of it!


pre-heat oven: 375*

2 sticks butter, unsalted or similar (soften to room temp, try not to microwave if you can avoid it)
1 tsp vanilla extract (I make my own, it is very easy to do!)
1 1/2 cups sugar (I keep a vanilla bean in this too)
2 eggs or egg substitute

*Beat the ingredients above until creamy. like below.

now take another smaller bowl, add 2 1/4 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, stir or hand whisk up a bit, and add slowly to your main batter. should look something like the image below, once all the flour is incorporated.

Now, my favorite part! add ins. With this particular recipe I added a bag (or half) of chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of hemp seeds, 1/4 cup of dried cranberries. hand stir these into your batter. now you are ready to bake!!

Teaspoon batter onto cookie sheets, bake from 13-15 minutes, depending on how you like your cookies done....keep on cookie sheet to cool for a couple minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack, then on to the cookie jar...Voila!

No comments: